- Scientists accidentally discover Australian marsupials glow in the dark
A glow up for some of Australia's most unique creatures.
- Square Enix announces permanent work-from-home policy for most employees
The policy comes into effect on December 1st.
- AstraZeneca’s best COVID vaccine result was a fluke. Experts have questions
The “how?” and “why?” are open questions—along with “what now?”
- Personal data of 16 million Brazilian COVID-19 patients exposed online | ZDNet
Among those affected by the leak are Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro, seven ministers, and 17 provincial governors.
- Microsoft's New 'Productivity Score' Gamifies Workplace Surveillance
The company's newest feature is facing heavy criticism for allowing bosses to track how their employees use Microsoft's suite of tools, such as how frequently they send emails, collaborate in shared documents, or have their camera on during virtual meetings.
- AWS outage has taken down a big chunk of the internet
The issue seems fairly widespread.
- Microsoft’s Surface Pro 8 and Surface Laptop 4 appear in leaked images
These new Surface devices might not have any major design changes
- What Ever Happened to the Vaping Lung Disease?
In the summer of 2019, months before the word “coronavirus” meant anything to most people, a mysterious respiratory illness began popping up around the U.S.
- The way we train AI is fundamentally flawed
It’s no secret that machine-learning models tuned and tweaked to near-perfect performance in the lab often fail in real settings. This is typically put down to a mismatch between the data the AI was trained and tested on and the data it encounters in the world, a problem known as data shift. For example, an…
- Stan Lee Celebrates the Art of Cursing In This Cute Animated Short
Stan Lee's former sound engineer Aron Fromm collaborated with artist and animator Kosperry to create a short tribute based on archival recordings of Lee, in which, mid-VO session, the Marvel Comics legend pontificated on the majesty of saying 'Fuck'.