- 8 Music Videos That Show How Fast Deepfakes Are Evolving
Music videos and AI-generated songs show the rapid, strange, ambitious, and at times creepy evolution of deepfake technology.
- Reddit CEO doubles down on attack on Apollo developer in drama-filled AMA
Reddit’s unpopular decision to revise its API pricing in a move that’s forcing third-party apps out of business has taken a weird turn. In an AMA hosted today by Reddit co-founder and CEO Steve Huffman, aka u/spez on the internet forum site, the exec doubled down on accusations against the developer behind the well-liked third-party […]
- AirTags reveal officials in Mexico stole items donated for earthquake relief in Turkey
Earlier this year, Reuters published an excellent report exposing the false recycling practices of Dow Inc. and the Singapore government...
- Apple To Stop Autocorrecting Swear Word To 'Ducking' On iPhone
At Apple's developer conference earlier this week, the company said it has tweaked the iPhone's autocorrect feature to prevent it from replacing the common expletive with "ducking." Craig Federighi, Apple's software chief, mentioned that the keyboard will now learn and adapt to users typing the inte...
- Researchers discover that ChatGPT prefers repeating 25 jokes over and over
When tested, "Over 90% of 1,008 generated jokes were the same 25 jokes."
- Poll: Are you planning to buy Apple Vision Pro?
Wow, what a week. We knew Apple’s mixed reality headset was bound to be revealed on Monday, but Vision Pro...
- tvOS 17 adds native VPN support for the first time on Apple TV
If you’re an iOS or macOS user, you may be familiar with VPN apps, which easily help you connect to...
- Acer reportedly sent Russia $70M in PC gear after saying it paused business there
Reuters says Acer used Swiss subsidiary to send Russia "at least" 744 shipments.
- Reddit won’t budge on the API changes that are shutting down apps like Apollo
Users have been protesting the changes for days.
- iOS 17 automatically removes tracking parameters from links you click on
iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma include even more privacy-preserving features while browsing the web. Link Tracking Protection is a new...