- Facebook turns over mother and daughter’s chat history to police resulting in abortion charges
Unencrypted chat history is a prime target for police
- Abuse of Visual Effects Artists Is Ruining the Movies
Visual effects studios are struggling to keep up with the demands that companies like Marvel place on their budget and their artists.
- Deliveroo eyeing Netherlands exit as losses grow
Another European market exit looks to be on the cards for UK-based on-demand food delivery startup, Deliveroo, which says it’s consulting on shutting down its service in the Netherlands. The platform’s service footprint currently spans 11 markets — namely: Australia, Belgium, Fran…
- Apple Pay launches in Malaysia
Apple launched Apple Pay, which lets customers make payments in stores and online through iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Mac, in Malaysia on Tuesday. Currently, Apple Pay is supported for Malaysian customers using Visa and MasterCard cards from banks including AmBank, Maybank, and Standard Chartered …
- India nudges lending apps to provide greater transparency, control to consumers
The Reserve Bank of India published guidelines for digital lending firms, recommending more transparency and control to customers as the South Asian nation’s central bank moves to take further steps to crackdown on sketchy practices and creditors. The guidelines, released Wednesday (PDF), say that …
- New Google site begs Apple for mercy in messaging war
Google is tired of losing so badly to iMessage, so it wants Apple to adopt RCS.
- Expedock cinches Series A to grow its freight paperwork management platform
Expedock, a company creating tools to automate the management and storage of freight and logistics paperwork, has raised $13.5 million in a venture funding round.
- Man who built ISP instead of paying Comcast $50K expands to hundreds of homes
Jared Mauch gets $2.6 million from gov't to expand fiber ISP in rural Michigan.
- LG Display’s 97-inch OLED panel vibrates to create "cinematic" 5.1 sound
A treat for the eyes and ears?
- Joby Aviation’s contract with U.S. Air Force expands to include Marines
The United States Department of Defense is deepening its relationship with electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft company Joby Aviation. Joby said Wednesday that it is expanding its existing contract with the U.S. Air Force’s Agility Prime program, which is an initiative the Air F…